First Pic Of Powermac G5!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by newportnews, Jun 22, 2003.

1. djwu macrumors newbie

fake

is this a joke? that's somebody's Quicksilver sitting on their bedroom floor. The face of the tower looks like a print out taped on to it. nice try. nope.

2. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

3. icetraxxg5 macrumors 6502

Re: First Pic Of Powermac G5!!

Nope; horrible photoshop job...
    That is the face of the scanned "PowerMac G5" that was going around plastered right on the front of a quicksilver... If the scanned powermac picture is fake or not; this is fake.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

well everyone... this *is* the same PM that was shown before... from a different angle, much higher quality pic... which says something... could this be it?

[edit] stoned: gullible... didn't even notice the handles, lol...

pnw

5. cubist macrumors 68020

I think it's supposed to be a joke, and I got a laugh out of it.

6. jihad the movie macrumors regular

They had that crappy pic up already on SpyMac. God I hate Spymac. All farking 13 yearolds, taking pictures of their parents' setups and caiming to all have connections deep within apple. WORST MAC SITE EVER! I find better Mac news over at microsoft.com

7. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

8. zim macrumors 65816

zim

I say, bad photoshop joby, looks like a cut and paste then photographed.

why would the bays, assuming that the top row of vents is a secondary bay, not be proportional to the other bay below it? could it be that it would "set in" that much?

when magnified the power button does not look usable... I guess that I just don't want to believe it because it does not fit into the design strategy that has come before hand, it does not follow the same minimalism that each revision to the g4 received.

are there any developers here that could verify that sticker as being a developers identification sticker and not a school id sticker? it looks a lot like a school or work id sticker.

9. scan300 macrumors 6502

The bottom end of the grill should have been curved to match the contour of the G4 enclosure.

The focus and the anti-aliasing of the grill doesn't match the photo's depth of field and higher quality anti-aliasing. The anti-aliasing of an original photo or freshly rasterised eps is always superior to re-scaling and distortion effects created in photoshop or other editors.

The lighting is inconsistent too, though that's harder to tell if the materials reflect light differently.

Of course a 3 quarter shot showing what's on the side would have been more challenging, and a shot of the back.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Oooh, first the picture of the G5 that looked like a garbage bin, and now this large humidifier. :p Maybe the humidifier is run by a 970. Yeah, that's it!!! ;)

11. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Woohoaohahahah. Heh heh heh heh.... Ahehehehe. Hee hee hee. Wooo. Heh. Ahem.

Wahahahaha! HAAAAAAAAAA! Hehehehehehehe. Yabababababababababa. Wooha, bibbity bam boom blah. Heh heh.

Thanks for lightening up my evening. I will show this picture to the other guys in this late-night recording session to lighten the mood. I'm sure even the PC using guitarist will get a kick out of this.

Dan

12. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

lol i thought that was the back ha ha ha scuse me new to macs i cant say if its fake or not seeming iam not to famliar with them but ive seen the pic some place before as well not so long back either and carpet i mean whats it doing on the floor people its suppose to be a new g5 a pride of place product not some dumped old ibm 486 left out to pasture..

Sorry for the PC COMMENT...

Sabenth

13. iindigo macrumors 6502a

iindigo

If you have an imac g4, tilt your screen to the maximum up position... then look the pic from an extreme angle (from the bottom) You can see the tape!

14. rt_brained macrumors 6502a