First release in Buyer's Guide

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Aetles, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Aetles macrumors regular

Aetles

I often use the Buyer's Guide to quickly navigate to an article about a released Apple product. I think it would be nice if the Buyer's Guide listed the first release date of a product.

For example, the MacBook Pro's first date is 4/2006 (when the 17" version was released). But there's no link or mentioning of the original release of MacBook Pro 15" on January 10th.

I've noticed there's another Buyer's Guide in the Wiki (discussed here) that's different from the original one (MacBook Pro is listed together with PowerBook and not separate). It seems like this is going to replace the original one, so maybe there's no use in discussion the original one?

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

yep... first release would be nice too....

indeed, the wiki-buyers-guide is intended to replace the current buyers guide because I think it would help keep it up to date.

There are still some issues, so we haven't transitioned over entirely yet... but first release link would be good to incorporate.

arn

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It looks like most of the issues with the wiki version have now been sorted, what still hasn't?