First Revolution screenshots

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

2. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I so dislike my over-zealous web filter at work. :mad:

3. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

4. takao macrumors 68040

takao

man.. beat me to it.. i just saw them and headed back and BLAM you were faster ;)

another link with more infos on the game:
    http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200604/N06.0407.1251.24078.htm
    the game is from Ubisoft Paris and from the magazine cover swords are involved too... looks like this is the rumored "katana" title

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

6. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

Well, just stop now and save up for a PS3.
    Seriously.

raggedjimmi - good man for posting this so fast! : ]
    I've been looking at them on other forums too. at first i thought they might be concept art renders, but taking a second look it seems like they might be in game. plus apparentley they have been confirmed as in-game, though i'm not sure who by.
    This game is supposed to have swords and stuff in too, I may get it if it's good. I don;t mind violent games when done cleverly. I trust UbiSoft.

peace

7. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Look fine to me.

As as the Rev will cost the same as a Mars bar and a can of Coke, all the more impressive.

8. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

9. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Pretty nice for £120! I'll definitely be looking into one of these. Id say the gameplay in fantastic, just like duckhunt all over again :p

10. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Except this time the "ducks" shoot back

11. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

:p

12. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Hah! brilliant.

I had a Mars and Coke today, incidentally o_O

13. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I was going to say, when I first saw and heard about the Rev controller, like countless millions I thought about lightsabres first and forthmost. but now. I dunno, After seeing those screenshots I've realised that FPS's are going to be amazing with that controller.

Once more we're brought back to the power of the Rev and the never ending rumours. A souped up Xbox, 2x more powerful than the GC. I think we can all pretty much agree on the "in SD resolutions all next gen systems will look the same", whoever originally said that.

14. Motley macrumors 6502

Back in the Lethal Enforcers days where all arcade shooters were on rails I always thought about having a second controller that would move the character.

Then the revolution's controller was announced and that's what my first thought was about (along with OMG, WTF, Nintendo is crazy). Then came the light sabers.

15. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Man, what do people want? LOL.

What I'm seeing are photos taken from a printed magazine, definitely not what anyone would describe as good picture conditions... and what I do see looks really good, I can't say I've seen pics from ANY system that was much better. Looks great to me?

Seriously... I see nothing in those cammed screenshots that is dissappointing... :p

16. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I'm impressed with the graphics to be honest. The models aren't amazingly high poly count, and the textures are just decent rather than incredible, but the lighting looks terrific and there is certainly no lack of detail in these (albeit limited) pics.

I think that people are going to be pleasantly surprised when see how good a GameCube x2 actually looks.

EDIT to add that while it's just a camera shot of a magazine, it does look like the game COULD be in a 16:9 aspect ratio, which bodes well for HDTV owners... 480p widescreen isn't HD but it sure is nicer than 4:3 SD.

17. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

yes i think it is 16:9 ratio.

also, notice the gamble machines, they are not flat models with texture they are detailed models, with nice looking lighting coming off.
    I'd say the only thing that is of a "less than high" quality is the characters. but to be honest, in this day and age of war games where everyone is wearing combat clothes with buckles and knife holders and random bumps on helmets etc. etc., this is just some guys in hoodies and jeans! : ] so it's not fair to compare Character models to, say, "GRAW" for example.

If you read about the gameplay, it sounds awesome some of the thing you can do with the controller:
    - To throw a grenade you "throw" the controller towards to screen (keep holding it of course!) and the grenade throws depending on speed and angle etc.
    or you can do an underpass throw movement to roll a grenade along the floor!
    - You can shoot "gangster style" by rotating the controller, and the on screen arm and gun rotate accordingly, to shoot "sideways"!
    - if you run next to a table you can move the controller upwards to throw the table up on it's side and use it for cover. and then pull back on the controller to reload.

That's all i got yet, once the magazine comes out, someone in the US go get it and tell us all the details! apparently there's 11 pages on RED STEEL with loads of in-game screens!

peace

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Doesn't look very interesting at all. looks very rail shooting killer 8 thing....but to each there own...the graphics are meh...but the controls seem nice.

Bless

19. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

No it's not on rails. you use the nunchuck add on to strafe around and stuff.

And anyway, even if you don't like the look of this game, you can't deny that it's great as a whole for the Revolution.
    I mean, the first Revolution game shown, and it involves guns, swords, and choping people up!! talk about removing Nintendo's Kiddy image! I heard Nintendo is even helping UbiSoft Paris out with making the game!

This is exactly what will bring in the casual "i want to kill people" gamers. i think once it's shown at E3 with videos, and an in depth look at the gameplay, it will get a lot of people very excited. It will make 360 and PS3's controllers look and feel old and dated! I mean, I felt like playing time splitters 3 and now i just can't be bothered, I want a Revolution controller to play!!
    As you said though, to each his own.
    (oh, and btw, Killer7 was and is an amazing game!)

peace

20. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Agreed. Not really my type of game, but I'm still excited that every day brings us closer to Revolution! :p

21. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

dude...what was that arcade game...OLD SCHOOL. reminds me of that. hahaha those games were awesome

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

We've got all the shots mirrored here at NintendoPlayers:
    http://www.nintendoplayers.com/article.php?articleID=199
    Plus two extra Jimmi didn't post:)

Congrats, jimmi. You actually beat me to Revolution news :D

Anyway, I doubt I will get the game. It doesn't appeal to me. But it DOES appeal to many, and it shows the Revolution's graphics (looks great for a first gen game on a budget system. Looks better than King Kong on the 360 IMHO), and should help kill Nintendo's kiddie image, so I'm happy.

Lighting looks spectacular as do the machines- but the vending machine looks like a flat textured model.

23. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Metroid Prime 3.
    *drools*

24. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Mmm... Metroid Prime 3! And Zelda (Sword, Hookshot, Grapling, Bow, Bombs, etc...)

Still... one thing I'm really wondering about is controller calibration... (calculating depth, etc, is one thing... but figuring out where exactly i'm point on the screen?) That affects any precision oriented game (shooting, baseball, etc.)