First Run-in With The Law

Discussion in 'Community' started by Capt Underpants, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I officially hate park rangers. My friends and I decided to go camping for a night. We built a fire, but there wasn't enough seating around it, so we decided to back the Denali up close to the fire. This not only helped our seating issues, but also let us turn out music down a little (so as not to disturb the other campers). The only problem: The truck won't fit between these 2 large rocks. So we think, hey, we can just move one of the rocks over about a foot and back the thing straight up. We get it moved after about 10 minutes (that thing was HEAVY), back the Denali up, and continue to hang out... and all goes well for the rest of the night. Good times...

We wake up to,"GET OUT OF YOUR TENT, PARK RANGER!!!".

At this point in time we're all barely awake, eyes half open, wondering what the heck is going on. He asks us if we moved that rock, and of course, we say yes. And he writes us a ticket... FOR MOVING A ROCK! Apparently it's considered "Criminal mischief".

You'd think he would write us up for like... illegally swimming off of the dock, or illegally gathering firewood (i don't know how he missed it. there was a 4 foot tree log in our firepit), or something else equally idiotic that we did the night before. But no. We move a rock and get a ticket for it.

2. savar macrumors 68000

savar

Yeah....stupid. I got issued a federal trespass warning once for throwing a bag of trash into a dumpster. The funny thing is that it was a huge bag of empty beers and I was 19 at the time...the guy didn't care about that, he was just mad that I was using a dumpster that didn't belong to me. Man I didn't go back to CVS for a year after that.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

:eek: Unbelievable. :eek:

4. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

oh...my..god...

:eek:

what a penis! MOVING A ROCK??!?!!! boy it would be tempting to "move a rock" right into the side of his head. sorry man, that is total crap!

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I cannot believe you ruined the ecosystem! I hope you feel guilty-as-hell!

Grrr. :mad:

:D

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

That's why when he asks questions like that you simply lie and say "nope!" :)

jon

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Nah, I disagree. There's no point in being dishonest.

*Rides off on moral high horse.*

8. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

haha (not laughing at you)

That's funny. Was this a "special" rock or something? I mean did have any significance to the park or it's history? Did the rock serve a purpose where it was at? Was there anything posted that says you can't move rocks?

That's totally lame. Move a rock and get busted. Hate to see what he/she would have done if you would have had any illegal drugs with you :eek: :rolleyes:

9. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Ya, you simply say, "Officer I did not move that rock, it got there all by itself!" ;)

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Now I'm sorry I moved some of the stones at Stonehenge.

11. iGary Guest

iGary

Yeah, and Capt. Underpants is a reckless looking youth. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

12. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Or if you would have split the rock in half or sprayed graffiti all over it. :eek:

13. mpw Guest

Could you not have just been told to put it back?

I got pulled over once, one of many many times, for nearly crossing a stop line at an intersection. When the officer told me why he'd pulled me over I suggested he nearly write me a ticket or nearly arrest me or perhaps if he feeling kind to nearly caution me. Suffice to say he didn't like my attitude and the evening went down hill from there.

The officer was an idiot and I made it clear I thought so which made him more and more determined to find something to nail me for, but I had done nothing wrong, had all my paperwork to hand and had an answer to every question. It culminated in him asking if the spare tyre to the car was in roadworthy condition which I knew it was 'cause the car was only a week or two old. I said it might be but as he hadn't taken my word for anything so far he'd better check himself. I ended up insisting that he thoroughly check the spare wheel which meant him lying on the floor and crawling under the back of my car. So I'm stood there at midnight on a quiet road with some idiot Police officer under my car and I'm thinking what an idiot this guy is putting himself in that position, I felt like jumping in and backing over him just to prove a point!

14. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

you all forget how hard it would be to be witty after being woken up out of a dead sleep to be asked about moving a rock.

sure, if one was awake, perhaps a nice: "no sir, that unruly rock has been moving itself around all evening, we had to block it with our cars to prevent it from putting out our fire, it gave that one log over there 'the stink eye', we saw it... but we planned on making sure the rebel rock was in its original place when we left" [shrugs]

15. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

:eek: ....GASP.... :eek:

I hate to think about what they are going to do to you! ;)

16. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

iBlue, a comment like that could get you out of pretty much any trouble. :D

17. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Yep, he looks like the kind of chap that would go and move a rock. :rolleyes:

18. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Oh, and for the record, we don't really move our rocks around all that much down here.

Can't think why, this one should really be a little further to the left IMO.

[​IMG]

19. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

this thread is taking precisely the turns i thought it might... this place makes me laugh every day.

i am still stunned, "moving a rock" - i mean, what kind of nefarious plans could be undertaken from rock moving? perhaps placing an unfortunate rock bogie under the nostrils of Mount Rushmore? now THAT would be criminal mischief of the finest kind... but this?! wow, all i can say is that ranger has got farts in his head!

20. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

"It's wasn't me. Jesus did it. He's got a reputation for doing it too!"

21. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Oh would you move it a little to the left please. ;) :)

22. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

lol :D

Thats just too funny :D

23. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

NO! :mad: i always thought that big old ayers rock needed to be a little to the right. captain underpants??!! wanna help us out here? :D

24. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

No Gosh Darn it :mad:

It needs to go to the left, and that is all that there is to it. ;) :)