First time mac-er

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ispeakmango, Jan 23, 2004.

1. ispeakmango macrumors member

I'll be getting my mac pretty soon (probably 12.1 powerbook) and I was wondering how easy it is to set up an internet connection on it. (I'm still using 56k :( ) I know I will have more questions but this is all I can think of for now. Thanks.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

As soon as you power on the machine, it will ask you questions to configure it. A few questions will deal with internet access. It's simple, so you should be fine. :)

3. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

its as simple as it gets..i use airport extreme card..as soon as u switch ur machine on.it will automatically detect the network and if it doesnt have any password ..log u on...infact my neighbour doesnt have a password ..so i can use his network as well :p
    as for dial up...once i went to my friend's place..just plugged that cable and it showed me the username password screen..so no prob there too..

4. superfunkomatic macrumors regular

it's like butter.
    simply plugin an ethernet cable, have a wireless router on, or enter the settings in the setup manager after you turn the machine on. it'll just work. it'll will automatically detect any open devices to create a connection and use the fastest mode. cool eh?