First WoW lvl 70 player...

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Jan 17, 2007.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

2. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

And this is why I don't like MMORPGs. No game in this genre will EVER make me change my mind.

No skill involved, just play like a madman and exploit every bug or anything you can to make yourself insanely powerful, I'm a geek and I love games but MMORPGs are just too much... if you don't play like crazy you are non one in the game and its hell expensive.

Now bring me a game where I can have some good fun and people beat me because they have skill... not an unhealthy amount of free time.

3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Couldn't have said it better myself

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Well, good for that person. It's what they wanted to do, they planned it out, and they did it. Hurrah.

It doesn't stop me completely enjoying playing WoW with my friends in any way shape or form. Anyone who plays WoW to 'be the best' is going to be sorely disappointed - even this guy wont be on top for long. For a rewarding experience you play a MMORPG to have fun with other people, solving problems, exploring new places, having a laugh - since TBC came out it seems like international have-a-dig-at-Blizzard week.

5. 4nr- macrumors regular

4nr-

ouch... and i thought my addiction to cigarettes was bad...

6. stagecustom macrumors regular

wow, this reminds me of the infamous WOW southpark episode. i would never get involved with a game like that, bad idea. i just play with friends on my 360 to have fun, or to eat up a few hours in a night where im not playing hockey, drums in my band or doing hw. which is rare. hence i don't play video games much. but this is just ridiculous...
    GO DO SOMETHING WITH UR LIFE> WOW is stupid and too nerdy for me. thanks.

7. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

No skill??? RPG's have a different type of skill - on a PvP server you need to get your combo's right or you are toast. It is not as fast as an fps where reaction time is paramount. Ordered thinking is the key.

As for exploits - there are far more in other game genre's . No aimbots or wall hacks here mate..

Now for the play like crazy bit - sure you can but it it up to you how fast you level up.

As for the price, anyone who can't afford $17 US / month shouldn't be playing it in the first place. That's about 55c a day to play..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

aussie_geek

8. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

What on earth does this have to do with how YOU play the game? You don't have to compete with anyone to play this type of game, that's what I like about it. I enjoy doing quests, running instances with some friends and just goofing around, I don't care who's higher level than I am, or who has better gear than I do. If you play on a regular server it's even more meaningless.

There are plenty of reasons to not like MMORPGs, but disliking people who play 24 hrs a day is not one of them. Why do you need to "be someone" in a videogame?:confused:

9. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

The SouthPark image says it all.....

"Mom..... MOM!!!!!
    "Yes Dear?"
    "Bathroom...."""";)

10. stagecustom macrumors regular

thank you, i already mentioned that in this thread once. hahaha. love it. "this battle could last more then 12 hours, what will we do for food"
    "MOM"
    "More Hotpockets"

lmao!

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

As someone whos life revolves around gaming (really - play, uni, job)... I can't see it myself.

but if it makes the roads safer... :D ;)

12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That's not quite so bad. While I was playing last night, someone mentioned that there's already someone with one of the new races (dranei?) at level 30. :eek:

13. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Wow...though, at the rate I'm levelling up my Blood Elf (I started at 9:30 and logged off at about 11:17, 7 lvls is quite fast) I could probably do it, if it weren't for the fact that it's almost 12 o'clock and I have class in the morning. That, and I've been playing since around 6 or so...it kinda got a little old.

14. BryanP macrumors member

BryanP

plus thats only one person in a million

theres so many players on wow that it doesn't even really matter that he got that

15. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

What a man. But unlike south park at least he didnt go round killing boars!?

16. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Why does not having ever play WoW make me feel like a hermit who doesn't know German lost the war? :(

MMPORGs have never really appealed to me as it looks like it awards people for having lots of free time rather than genuine skill.

17. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I love the people who look at the extreme example of one guy who wanted to powerlevel to 70 and then assume that ALL OTHER WoW players are just the same.

Even most players in high end PvP or PvE guilds approach the game from a social standpoint. I know I did when I played. I was in a guild along with several of my real-life friends at college, and we'd participate in 40-man raids twice a week with our guild, all talking and joking on Ventrilo... those were some good times, I have a lot of good memories of playing with those guys. I don't play anymore, but when I did, I think I did in moderation and enjoyed myself not for the loot or what-have-you, but for the people I played with.

18. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Sorta-update. I actually saw a lvl 21 Dranei last night in Wetlands (on Echo Isles). I bet he's up to 30 by now.

19. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I'm enjoying the slow climb to the top myself and switching between my lvl 60 alts to level them up also. The biggest disappointment in the game when I reached lvl 60 was not getting XPs anymore and basically farming for potion mats and epic gear runs in MC and then BWL and AQ40.

My new Blood Elf is now up to lvl 25 also.

20. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I agree some people do take the game too far. I enjoy playing casually with some friends on line. I am willing to bet more than 1 person played that character to get him to 70 though...

21. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Well I've never played a day of WoW in my life. I lie, I eveled an orc 1 level once(legally), tried to play on a crack server then just gave up. But my brothers human rogue is another story :eek: I know more about the game from him than from pesonal experience, I can only image how his fragile 13 y/old mind can cope with such a game.

22. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

You know it! I know several college students that "share" an account and take turns leveling, farming and raiding. We had one pair in our guild and didn't even know it until we realized his "Engrish" wasn't as good as his friend's.

23. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Makes sense... I would play but I know I wouldn't be able to stop. That already happend to me once with Runescape, back in the Classic days when they didn't have that new UI. And I don't want to look back on my late teenage years and say that I spend hours and hours and days clicking like a mad dog over a bunch of..... pixels.

24. damooster macrumors newbie

This guy didn't accomplish anything. If you read his interview, he said that he would get the first hit on a mob and then let his friends kill it so that he got the exp.

I personally can't see how anyone can tout such an empty "accomplishment" and interviewing the guy only encourages younger, more impressionable people to play the exact same way.

In the end, it's their money and time. I can't knock someone for playing a certain way. I just don't see what the big deal is.