Fisheye lense

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Rickay726, May 12, 2006.

1. Rickay726 macrumors 6502

Rickay726

just wondering what kind of fisheye lense i should get for my sony handy cam. any suggestions/prices? help me out

2. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Century optics makes a really nice fisheye, referred to as the baby death that is widely used by skateboarders and sports people. I costs about $300 though

3. Gnorn macrumors regular

What are you gonna use it for? Because of the big destortion it's not gonna be useful for your holiday snaps and stuff. The effect can be great, but only in certain situations. So it would be a matter of comparing the costs to the use.

If you're gonna use it sporadic, you might be better of using some filter in PS for example, and use the money saved for example another high-quality lens.

4. Rickay726 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rickay726

thanks guys. im really looking to film mostly motocross and bmx biking and sports like that

5. Gnorn macrumors regular

Oops, my bad... I thought you where talking about photography. But it is filming you're talking about. Would be kind of cumbersom to edit your movie in PS :rolleyes:

Yeah, a fisheye lens would be nice for such shots, but not all the time I think, mainly for some short effects clips.

6. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

What kind of camera do you have? There are lots of handycams...and I don't think you can put a fisheye lense on it...

7. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

We are going to need more details about your camera before we can help you get a fisheye (he really means a VERY wide angle lens).

8. jaysmith macrumors regular

the century would be your best bet, depending on the thread size. the century is 37mm, or if you want something a bit cheaper, kenko makes a .43x fisheye that is great for the proce. the kenko is about 50 bucks.