Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
Good idea, but I wonder how many people actually live within walking distance of work...

...I suppose they can just take the stairs instead of the elevator then.

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
I would like to do this, but I live 20 miles from where I work. Anyway, when the weather gets a little nicer, I'll be taking my nightly walk with the ol' puppy dog.

voicegy

macrumors 65816
I walk to work every day. The "headquarters" of the San Diego Unified School District is smack in the middle of an otherwise old and established neighborhood of San Diego called "University Heights". I live 2 blocks from my office...and with today's gas prices, I'm counting my blessings. :)

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
I live 3 miles from work and try to ride my bike whenever the weather permits. I do walk at lunch though, everyday. I drove around the block where I work and found it to be exactly 1/2 mile. For the last 2 years I "walk the block" 4 times at lunch in about 25 minutes (then sweat for 15 minutes while cooling off) but I have dropped my weight, bp, cholestorol, and feel much better overall because of it.

Walk on.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.