Fitness Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stromie952, Jun 23, 2005.

1. stromie952 macrumors regular

This sort of goes along with the running losing weight thread in the community section.

I have been looking for a good program for OS X that is able to keep track of multiple fitness type things including:

1) Weight and measurements
    2) Weight lifting
    3) Cardio
    4) Nutrition
    5) Graphing for all of the above

I have seen a few programs that exist in the fitness category, but I was wondering if/what people use and if there were any recommendations. I'm currently leaning towards BodyFitDB since it seems to be the most complete solution out there with a decent interface. Some of the other programs (Muscle for one) had sub par interfaces and tended to be unstable.

-Stromie

2. hodgjy macrumors 6502

Check out the extensive forum at www.johnstonefitness.com
    I go there often. At first I thought it was quite cheesy, but after going through the forums, I found out it was really a library of knowledge. I also at first thought that John Stone (the site owner) was full of himself, but I really think he is just trying to help people.

3. stromie952 thread starter macrumors regular

That is indeed a fine site. I like the fact that it is very straight forward and focuses in on reasonable aspects of fitness and the like. I will start going there regularly as well now that you have recommended it.

I'm still looking for a piece of software that fits my needs. I tried out Diet Diary last night and it does a great job with the nutrition (a very good option for those who just want that part), but it doesn't cover the weightlifting aspect at all, so thats a no go for me.

The search continues......

4. hodgjy macrumors 6502

I remember reading in the forums there about various software programs people use to track their routines, etc. That's the main reason why I recommended it to you. There's also a bunch of online sites that track your stats for you and have good databases for you to enter and get graphical results. A lot of people use www.sickofbeingfat.net it's not all about losing fat, but I think it does what you are looking for.