Fix Safari "Lag"

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by M@lew, Feb 3, 2007.

1. macrumors 68000

M@lew

In Safari, whenever I click a link/bookmark/button there is always a split second lag where the program half freezes and then process with the request.

This doesn't happen in Firefox/Camino/Omniweb or any other browser I use. How can I fix this as Safari is my browser of choice and I would like to fix this lag?

I use Saft, Safari Speed and Safari Enhancer, so maybe there is a setting in there that set the lag off/can fix it.

2. macrumors regular

iMacFan78

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

M@lew

I don't think this is the problem I'm talking about. What I'm referring to is the program lagging, not the web pages opening or anything. (I say I don't think this is the fix because I still have the problem after trying that fix)

4. macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

It could be that all those programs you are using to try to speed up Safari are actually slowing it down. I experience no lag when using Safari.

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

M@lew

The only thing that I could think of in those programs that lags Safari would be the "Disable Page Load" setting in Safari Speed. I disabled that and tried again and it was still the same.