FL Studio on Mac?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by EvilYak, Jan 6, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Jan 6, 2010

I'm new here, and I'm wondering if anyone knows about running FL Studio on a mac. I wanted to try running it, and I saw here that some people running 10.5 with WineBottler have gotten it to work fine. I've used WineBottler for several other applications that were listed on the database, and they've all worked. When I tried opening the demo of FL Studio through wine, it looked good, with some minor bugs, but I can't get it to play any audio. I'm not sure if I need to route it a certain way, or if there's something I need to install, but it won't play anything. I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on a late 2008 iMac.

Any ideas?

Some things I probably should include: When I was installing the program, it popped up with several errors about "access control" (I think), and it was able to play system alerts when there was an error. Also, when I first booted it up, it said it could locate some sounds, and asked me if I wanted to locate them, but when I clicked yes, nothing happened. I wasn't operating from an administrator's account.
  2. macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2010

I just installed FLStudio with WineBottler and it works fine, with the errors in the installation process and the missing wavs but after all, it works. What I cannot understand is that the creation of the [name].app progress bar never ends but does it the installation of the program. It seems that the progress bar hangs in the middle of the app creation... Any idea?

Ø3 :)