FLAC Audio player

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bray90820, Dec 28, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Aug 14, 2008
    I am looking for a FLAC audio player for 10.8 what allows me to add album art and that syncs with my Android phone i already tried Banshee and songbird banshee ended up re downloading the album art in very low quality and songbird didn't accept the album art and would crash every time i tried to sync it with my phone
  2. macrumors 65816

Aug 29, 2009
    XLD can convert FLAC to other formats, edit the metadata, and can edit the album art. I should add that you should uncheck the option to resize large album art. There are a lot of options to go through, but I've left most of them unchanged.
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Aug 14, 2008
    I would like to not convert the music to another format I wat to keep the losless FLAC
  4. macrumors 68040

Jun 29, 2006
    Just convert it to another lossless format, such as ALAC. Nothing is lost.
  5. thread starter macrumors member

Aug 14, 2008
    The reason i don't want to do that is because Android does not support ALAC
  6. macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says...have you looked at iSonics yet? I'm not sure it has all your requirements (yet) but it looks like the developer is quite open to suggestions for improvements so maybe ask them if they'd consider adding what you need. I used the pre-1.0 versions and thought it a very nice app, and will be buying myself a license shortly....check it out, and it doesn't hurt to ask...oh yeah!
  7. thread starter macrumors member

Aug 14, 2008
    iSonics looks good but no album art or phone support
  8. macrumors newbie

Jun 8, 2011
    Have you tried Songbird? It supports FLAC and will hopefully sync with your phone:

9. macrumors 68030

Feb 20, 2004
    I thought Android supported drag&drop via the Finder? In that case I'd look into Enqueue as a music player.

Or you could continue using iTunes and look for an Android music player that supports ALAC. It's an open source royalty-free codec after all.
  10. thread starter macrumors member

Aug 14, 2008
    i have tried Songbird but as i said in my original post Songbord crashes every time i try to sync with my phone i and drag and drop in theory should work but i am having massive audio skipping wi try that and also i still need a way to rip fron the cd