Flapcraft Brings a Viking's Flying Dreams to Life

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 29, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001

Flapcraft is a gorgeously drawn one-off game from the developers of Pixelmator. In it, users control a "Flapcrafter" -- a Viking who, in the absence of any wars to fight, tries to fly by standing on a log (and upgrading it with wings, rockets and other improbable things).

The developers note that they aren't getting into the game business -- on the contrary, they made Flapcraft as a way of beta-testing the version 2.0 of Pixelmator, the image editing software.
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/28121865?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=ffffff" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>​
    The game is a little short, but the artwork is phenomenal and the gameplay is quite challenging.

Flapcraft is a universal app, for both iPhone and iPad, and is $1.99 on the App Store. [iTunes]

Article Link: Flapcraft Brings a Viking's Flying Dreams to Life
  2. macrumors newbie

Feb 24, 2010

Does anyone know what tablet they were using in the first 5 seconds, it looks super classy.
  3. macrumors newbie

Jun 8, 2010
    It's a Wacom Intuos3, which is an older version of the Wacom Intuos4. Wacom tablets are the go-to standard for graphics professionals.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jul 8, 2011
    when I first read it, I thought 'flapcraft' said something else :rolleyes:

wow those intuos pen tablets are hella nice!
  5. macrumors newbie

Jun 17, 2009
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jul 25, 2006
    San Francisco Bay Area
    You must be from Northern California (like me) :)
  7. macrumors 68020

Mar 1, 2004
    Decided to buy, it, sure enough completed it in no time but it was great fun. Hope they’ll continue with it, but I won’t be bummed if they don’t.
  8. macrumors 6502a

Sep 26, 2007
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5302b Safari/7534.48.3)

Awesome, the art is fantastic. I will buy it just because it is made by Pixelmator team!