Flapcraft Brings a Viking's Flying Dreams to Life

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 29, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flapcraft is a gorgeously drawn one-off game from the developers of Pixelmator. In it, users control a "Flapcrafter" -- a Viking who, in the absence of any wars to fight, tries to fly by standing on a log (and upgrading it with wings, rockets and other improbable things).

The developers note that they aren't getting into the game business -- on the contrary, they made Flapcraft as a way of beta-testing the version 2.0 of Pixelmator, the image editing software.
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/28121865?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=ffffff" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>​
    The game is a little short, but the artwork is phenomenal and the gameplay is quite challenging.

Flapcraft is a universal app, for both iPhone and iPad, and is $1.99 on the App Store. [iTunes]

Article Link: Flapcraft Brings a Viking's Flying Dreams to Life

2. macrumors newbie

Tablet

Does anyone know what tablet they were using in the first 5 seconds, it looks super classy.

3. macrumors newbie

It's a Wacom Intuos3, which is an older version of the Wacom Intuos4. Wacom tablets are the go-to standard for graphics professionals.

4. macrumors 6502a

when I first read it, I thought 'flapcraft' said something else :rolleyes:

wow those intuos pen tablets are hella nice!

5. macrumors newbie

Looks like a neat game.:cool:

6. macrumors 6502a

You must be from Northern California (like me) :)

7. macrumors 68020

samh004

Decided to buy, it, sure enough completed it in no time but it was great fun. Hope they’ll continue with it, but I won’t be bummed if they don’t.

8. macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5302b Safari/7534.48.3)

Awesome, the art is fantastic. I will buy it just because it is made by Pixelmator team!