Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I suppose i could see the "addictiveness" would be too much, but isn't that why you put an app on the store in the first place ? To get the $$$ ? I would to be happy i got that much.

Some apps, just don't do well,, some do, so regardless of how much $$$ it was, i would of actually been happy it was a popular app..

So, now when it returns hes gonna make it 'less' addictive ? Well this is good sign to not many downloads.. not as much money, and if people liked it before, they would probably get turned off in this case even more now

Having said that, while this was off the app store, many other "additive" apps have taken its place.... So, why the hell should we return to this game, when there are Now better ones ?

The Simpsons tapped for one :) or Leo's future. (no relations)

krewger

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2012
why the hell is this even being reported on here for?!?! it's mac rumors, it's not mac cr**py app iOS review . com move on and quit wasting screen space for this garbage.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I'd love to see a series of 47 new articles comparing various mockups of the new multiplayer Flappy Bird (@2X and @3X) on the screen of a 3D printed mockup of an iPhone 6 4.7" and 5.5" compared to every single phone and tablet released in the past two years, and a banana.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Should have just left it on the App Store in its original form and raked in the cash. Or is that immoral...or something? Whether an app is addictive or not is purely how people react to it, not the fault of the developer. $50,000 a day...I'd have kept it where it was.

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
Dear Customers,

We will soon be releasing a less addictive, less fun, less profitable, less good, lower quality version of our product. We hope that you will understand how we must lower the quality because a few people can't handle themselves.

Sincerely,

The Management

PS. Please do not have fun.

PPS. Really, we mean it!

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Publicity stunt.

If it was a publicity stunt he would have pulled it for a week or two at most, not pulled it and then waited four months. Most people haven't thought about it for awhile now, unlike the frenzy that was going on.

I think this guy was legit and just got overwhelmed by all the attention and couldn't deal. Some people are like that.

hiroden

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Just in time for iPhone 6/air! :)

I found "threes" and "ridiculous fishing" are more addictive and enjoyable. Mr. Nyugen should focus on making a new "flappy bird" with better game mechanics and uniqueness. Adding multiplayer mode and a "man hoping from building to building" mode into the current flappy bird is not the solution... I believe these 2 gameplays already exist.

Last edited:

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
If it was a publicity stunt he would have pulled it for a week or two at most, not pulled it and then waited four months. Most people haven't thought about it for awhile now, unlike the frenzy that was going on.

I think this guy was legit and just got overwhelmed by all the attention and couldn't deal. Some people are like that.

I don't believe that, but that's just my opinion.

Oscartamez1998

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2014
The app is already back in the App Store.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 84

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
From removing the game because he couldn't cope with the media frenzy (which caused more of a frenzy), to re-releasing it along with a new game! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't buy it. Something sounds fishy.

----------

I agree.. it can be a big shock coming from someone who may sit at a desk all day programming to all of a sudden have the phones ringing and door knocking non-stop, plus all the attention while walking around.

Moopy Sac

macrumors member
May 29, 2003
Should have just left it on the App Store in its original form and raked in the cash. Or is that immoral...or something? Whether an app is addictive or not is purely how people react to it, not the fault of the developer. $50,000 a day...I'd have kept it where it was.

It's immoral for him to not try to make as much money as possible.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
The funny thing is the clones out there are already way better have way more total downloads and will be higher in search rankings. I really don't think he will bring anything new to the table and won't even be the top flappy bird app.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I could never get past the first pipes so I gave up and deleted it after 2 minutes.

This is why I don't understand the game's attractiveness. I consider myself fairly good at games and I couldn't get passed the first 2 pipes either. It's like those rare stages in adventure games when you need to jump across 20 tiny rocks moving rocks, timing it perfectly, to get to the final stage, meanwhile driving yourself nuts. Except, for Flappy Bird, that's the whole game.

bmxracer

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2014
I think a multiple player version could be fun and interesting. I do not understand why he would want to make it less addicting though, because that was why the original game was so successful.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
The funny thing is the clones out there are already way better have way more total downloads and will be higher in search rankings. I really don't think he will bring anything new to the table and won't even be the top flappy bird app.

If he puts a new app out there, with minor changes, will people be forced to buy it again? Or, would it be considered an update? Could this be just a ruse to make even more money? The app certainly has become a household name in iOS gaming since he decided to pull it.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
There is no coincidence of the new flappy bird being released the same month that analyst are saying iphone 6 is being released.

SarcasticJoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2013
Finland
Addictive? Absolute hogwash if you ask me... It was fairly obvious he took it down when it was dawning on people that it was initially boosted to the top of sales charts with fake downloads and reviews (which could clearly be seen when you actually looked at the reviews) and he's now putting it back after the people smart enough to see this have lost interest.

He's basically the same kind of opportunist as the people who rushed to register "Ford Tractor Company" after Ford shows off their first tractor prototype because Henry Ford hadn't thought to do so yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.