Flash 9 player and Flash 9 public alpha is out

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by angelneo, Jun 28, 2006.

1. angelneo macrumors 68000

For those who are into the Flash scene, just to let you guys know that Flash 9 player is out of beta and available for all to download. Flex 2.0 is out as well.

Furthermore, Flash 9 professional public alpha is available for download (not sure if this is new).

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Couple of notes... I just downloaded and am about to install, but...

1) Flash Player Intel binary is still a beta of V. 8

2) Some moderators on MySpace claim that Flash 9 significantly improves prevention of flash-based pop-ups and -unders. I am very curious to see about that. :)

3. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Really? My version was reported as being the latest and greatest when I was running version 8. I did, however, jump to the beta of 9 amid Safari stability concerns.

So far, I've found the beta to be significantly more stable on my MacBook. Under a fairly light usage, version 8 was crashing Safari left and right, and so far I've yet to receive a crash when viewing flash or an application hang upon starting Safari.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

My understanding is that you are running the PPC version of Flash under Rosetta. In which case, if you'rehaving good experiences, it's probably worth it to jump from Beta 9 to the final release of 9?

This is from Adobe's site:

5. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Indeed, mkrishnan, you were right about version 8 being a beta release. I was running the Flash 8 for Intel Mac preview release, and assumed it was a final release.

I was running 8.0.27.0 :)

Either way, I jumped ship to v9 yesterday from the problematic v8 (that's what brought about the whole numbering thing) and haven't had a problem. The thing is that I downloaded what was available for Intel Macs at the time -- version 8 -- and I guess I must have been confused.

Anyroad, the beta of version 9 is much more stable than the preview release of 8. That's all I got to say.