flash animation question(s)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jelloshotsrule, Mar 16, 2005.

1. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ok, so this is a question for flash/photoshop/after effects folks....

i have some drawn characters, just line drawings. i want to:

1. color them

2. set them up to animate as puppets (for basic leg/arm/head movement... not each and every finger, etc).

3. animate them

4. display them as flash movies on the web

now for the details...

i have animated puppet type figures before in after effects, but as far as i know, there isn't a way to animate in AE and then create flash files in the end.... and i think that's just the best way to go for universal viewing.

i have played around a bit with importing the files into flash and attempting to color and cut up the characters there... but i'm not having any luck. so, if anyone has any good knowledge of flash and/or has any idea what i'm talking about, please let me know, it'd be greatly appreciated!

feel free to ask questions if i'm not being clear.

thanks

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I've never used After Effects, but I know that other Adobe software has the option to export in swf format... you might want to check the "Export" option in AE to see if it's an option.

3. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

don't you hate it when you thought you'd been thorough, and you hadn't?????

thanks! i just looked around more in AE and sure enough, you can "export" to swf.... not the same as the usual rendering so that's what threw me off

thanks again. simple answer to complicated question. hah