Flash Card

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jer446, Mar 31, 2005.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    I am going to be buying a new digital camera soon for the summer.. i am probably going to get the sd500.. which uses an sd card.. i need to store tons of pictures because i will not be able to get on a computer for some time.. so i was going to go with at least a gig card..

the camera uses sd.. Where is the best place to get the card? I need to get a fast card, because many features wont work on standard speeds.. i was looking at the 1GB Ultra II Secure Digital SD Card. Are there any other options to this? I found this for like 85 dollars.. is there any place cheaper, or any other models that are better?
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    newegg.com and tigerdirect.com are to sites that usually have good deals on stuff like this, might be worthwhile to see if they have what you need for cheaper
  3. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Jun 26, 2004
    I live in a giant bucket!
    Just found that Buy.com has a 512mb 50x CF card for $40 shipped. No way you can beat that deal.
  4. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    50x isnt to fast.. the gig ultra, is 85 bucks, and 60x but its also double the memory so pretty much the same price.
  5. The Black Rock macrumors regular

Feb 14, 2005
    You can't beat B&H for stuff like this. It's even better if you just go down there if you're ever in NYC.