Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoneWolf121188

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
Longmont, CO
I'm completely new to Flash, and I'm slowly figuring it out...anyway, is there a way to copy/paste keyframes in a motion tween? Or to somehow automate applying them? I'm messing with the alpha of a symbol...say I want it to flash on and off every frame for 2 seconds. I don't want to manually place 48 keyframes (24 fps) and edit each one individually! Likewise, if I want it to gradually flash, like in a sine wave pattern, is there an easy way to make that? Thanks!

sigmadog

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
just west of Idaho
I'm no Flash expert, but if I understand your question, you want a 2-second repeating on/off visual. Sounds like a perfect job for a Movie Clip.

You should be able to easily set two keyframes in the movie clip to get the job done. Set the first at frame 1, the second at 48. Convert it to a Motion Tween.
Select frame 1 and set the Alpha to 100. Go to frame 24 and set the Alpha to 0. Go to frame 48 and set the Alpha back to 100.

You can set Ease-In and Ease-Out sliders to change the rate of fade and brighten, though I can't remember how this is done off the top of my head.

At any rate, once you have the Movie Clip the way you want it, you should be able to insert it into the timeline of your main animation where it will repeat happily forever.

Like I said, I'm no expert, but that's how I would approach it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.