Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scuba629

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Do most install flash for safari/firefox or just use chrome?

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Do most install flash for safari/firefox or just use chrome?
Many do use Flash on Safari and Firefox. For Flash-related issues:
  • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
  • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
  • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) As far as performance impact, YMMV.

theRick119

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2008
I personally feel like I get a better experience leaving flash completely off Safari and just using Chrome when I absolutely need to see something with flash.

Chrome essentially sandboxes flash so you get that security benefit and I find click to flash annoying so I don't have to deal with that.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I personally feel like I get a better experience leaving flash completely off Safari and just using Chrome when I absolutely need to see something with flash.

Chrome essentially sandboxes flash so you get that security benefit and I find click to flash annoying so I don't have to deal with that.

I do the same thing. By using Safari without Flash installed many sites that otherwise use Flash will detect you do not have Flash installed then serve up a HTML5 version instead. Much better.

Scuba629

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Sounds like its not needed. I'll just stick to Chrome and use a flash app for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.