Flash Help. Urgent.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Aperture, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hi. I am panicking because I was working on this Flash Movie for about 2 or 3 hours and now I am having problems with it. I saved the file and Quit Flash. I know it was saved because it didn't ask me to save the file as I just had a moment ago. Today, when I launched the file in Flash, all of my layers are gone with the exception of my first one. All of the timeline events are gone as well. I took the file and restarted it from scratch. Then, I double clicked on an object in one of my layers and the same thing happened. All of my layers and timeline events disappeared with the exception of the layer I was working on. Then, I hit "Edit" and it said "Undo Double Click". How do I do this in my original file? The "Undo" button is NOT bolded. I am using Macromedia Flash Professional 8. I will post a screen shot soon. Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, sorry if this sounds odd but I'm a bit puzzled at what you're asking. Did you save it using Save As and give it a name or not? Does your stuff come up in the Library? Have you tried using Spotlight to find the files?
    From what I gather from the screen shot, if you have say 4 layers, say a circle on each layer and then save and quit, it only gives you your first layer that you started with?

Or if you double click on an object (Symbol) it goes into it's own layer for that symbol and you will not see anything else (unless you have hit the hide box next to the keyframe). I guess the way to explain this is double click an oval (white for an eye) then in that layer I would make a shadow for under the eyeball and while doing this I don't see anything such as other keyframes and so on if I remember correctly. In the am I can post a few shots to see if we are on the same "layer ;) "