Flash memories???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by juhani, Feb 25, 2005.

1. juhani macrumors member

juhani

Hello

Does anyone knows to say anything about flash memories? Like against and for? Which are the best ones (certain brands, models)?? Namely, I'd like to purchase one to transefer files to and from my computer (as I don't have an internet connection at home) and generally carry my 'Documents' folder with me pretty much all the time? And size could start from 256MB or so..

Regards,
    juhani

PS. I've got the new 12" PowerBook G4 1.5

2. juhani thread starter macrumors member

juhani

Oh, remember now.. What do you think about that Sony's 'Micro Vault Memory Stick'? I saw it at PC World and 256MB was like £39.99 or sth. But I didn't dare to buy it as there was the big ugly Windows sign on it :eek: althoug it said it's compatible with Mac OS9 and higher..

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Basically any USB flash memory will be compatible with a Macintosh that has a USB port. You may or may not have to format it the first time. You should not have to install any drivers or software. USB 2.0 flash memory is significantly faster to transfer than USB 1.1 if you have a USB 2.0 Mac.

Thanks
    Trevor
    CanadaRAM.com