Flash MX 2004 freezing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tech4all, Aug 3, 2004.

1. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Whenever I open Flash MX 2004, it gets to that welcome window thing and the rainbow ball just keeps spining, then it'll stop and I close that welcome window, then it the rainbow ball comes back. It does that over about 3 times or so. Then the app just doesn't really work and I have to force quit it. I also notice when Flash is opening and on that window that tells you what its opening up, when it gets to 'intalizing fonts' it stays there for a while then continues on again. Any idea to why Flash is freezing up?

2. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

I got that error 3 times or so and I always fixed it somehow although I can't remember the exact procedure I did.

Try removing flash preference files from /library/preferences in both home and system folder and then *restart* your mac, it should work.
    Remove also flash files from /library/application support

If it still doesn't work, experiment with removing certain system files, but restart after you did.
    In worst case try reinstalling your Flash MX 2004.

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

have you installed the Flash MX 2004 updates? i think they fix some bugs.
    also, if it jams while loading fonts - you might have answered your own question.

you could try turning off your extra fonts and see if it starts up with just the standard fonts. i seem to remember fonts being the source of many troubles.

4. ferrisb macrumors member

5. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

Welcome to Flash, it freezes.

I don't have the 7.2 update so I can't attest to it's effectiveness, but it's worth a prayer.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Each of the updates helped Flash MX 2004 run more smoothly. Running without one is asking for trouble.

7. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Wacom Tablet?

Believe or not but after Tiger install, Flash couldn't start anymore .... 10x reinstall, no effect. A quick search on google gave the answer: If you have a wacom tablet, download and install the latest driver ..... It works!