Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
This has been a great week for OS X. PShop and Flash will really help keep me off classic when it comes to web stuff. Nice work macromedia.

Matthé

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2001
flashplayer under x

I wonder, will the mac os x version of the player et all still be much slower than on a pc?
does anyone know why this is currently so?

teetoo

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2002
London
I wonder, will the mac os x version of the player et all still be much slower than on a pc?
does anyone know why this is currently so

I'm not sure why it's so slow on macs at the moment, but the OS X version runs as quick as the pc - whatever the problem it's now gone.

theranch

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
Atlantic City area
ahhhh

This is what I have been waiting for! Finally a reason to do the switch to OSX! The 5 new features available in Flash MX are great....can't wait to get working on it. I wonder how long after the release will there be a bug fix for the mac version? Wasn't there a bug fix for the Mac versions of F4 and F5 after they were released?

holmesf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2001
Flash MX is NOT as fast as flash is on a PC. There is still work to be done in that area. However, Flash MX IS SLIGHTLY faster than Flash 5 is on the same computer running OS9. At least in the beta...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.