Flash on MacBook won't open?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mal, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Hey, I'm sitting in my class in the Digital Media program trying to open Flash, and it's refusing to do so. I'm using Flash MX 2004 on a MacBook 1.83GHz Core Duo, for reference.

When I launch Flash, the splash screen comes up fine, scrolls through the loading steps, and the first pallets begin to appear (though nothing appears on them yet) and then it quits and OS X gives me the "Flash has quit unexpectedly" dialog. Anyone seen this before and is there a fix?

jW

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

FWIW I'm running Flash8 and it seems fine but every now and again my swatches seem to not load. Check and see if there is an update or try to reinstall it (last thing to try though). Maybe send Adobe an email and see if they have any answers as well.

3. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

Well, I did have an update needed... but it didn't help. I don't want to upgrade to Flash 8 right now, especially since it's possible Flash 9 could be released end of the month, but I do need it for a class. I can just use the school computers, but that's a pain. Any other suggestions, or am I possibly lost here?

jW