Flash Player Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by deryk, Jan 1, 2005.

1. deryk macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend use Flash Marcomedia 7.0 and am unable to get it to work. He's running OSX 10.2.8 on a G4 iMac. I'm able to download the newest flash version and install it. However, whenever I point Safari or the dreaded internet explorer to a site that requires flash, the flash picture or movie displays as a broken icon. I've repaired permissions and all that fun stuff. I would appreciate any advice you may have.

Thanks!

Deryk

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You should try other Flash-enabled sites to see if they work. If some sites work while others don't, the problem is not specific to your computer.

3. deryk thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply. I have been to multiple flash-enabled sites with this computer and none seem to work. Any other ideas?

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Does your friend by any chance have the full Flash studio? If that's the case, you probably have to download the Flash browser plugin separately.

5. deryk thread starter macrumors regular

No, the only graphic design software he has is photoshop. Additionally, I've downloaded the plugin twice to attempt to get it to work. :(

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Go into "~/Library/Preferences" and delete the Macromedia folder. Also, check "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" and make sure two files called Flash Player.plugin and flashplayer.xpt are located there.

Enter directory names without the "quotes" in Finder's Go To Folder dialog if you don't know where these directories are.

7. deryk thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I will forward this on to him to see if this works.

8. deryk thread starter macrumors regular

Didn't work

My friend's mac is still getting broken images where flash images should be loading. Any other ideas of how to fix this? :confused:

Thanks.