Flash Player Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by penter, Sep 16, 2006.

1. penter macrumors 6502a

penter

I've been trying to go to the family guy website which requires a flash player to be entered. since i didnt have flash, i went to the adobe website and downloaded flash player 9. after installing and trying to enter the website, i'm still not able to enter the website. for some reason the website does not recognize that i have flash player installed. I've tried installing quite a few times already, and i still dont know what's wrong...
    oh, and i DO have "enable plugins" checked under Safari preferences...

2. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. They haven't updated their site to recognize Adobe Flash 9. Their site was built for Macromedia Flash 8 and lower.. As of now, I don't believe there's a fix for this. I guess you could contact them somehow and let them know that their site isn't compatible with the latest version of Flash.

3. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

For both of you guys/gals follow this as jsw and MacRumorUser helped me out with this...Big thanks guys :D

It's pretty simple - all you really need to do is download http://formymac.com/MR/plugins.zip, unzip it (it'll unzip to a folder named "Internet Plug-Ins", so don't unzip it in your Library folder, else it'll replace your "Internet Plug-Ins" folder), and copy the "Flash Player.plugin" file from that unzipped folder into your "Macintosh HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" folder.

You might or might not want to save the new Flash plugin you'll be replacing, but I doubt it.

4. penter thread starter macrumors 6502a

penter

hey, thnx alot!!

so what did that do? did it jsut change my flash player from 9 to 8??

5. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I think there was a problem with the plug-in and by going to Adobe and getting the plug-in it messes things up. I just know when I installed Studio 8 and used Flash 8 it changed something and some sites didn't play anymore :mad: Doing this it seemed to "reset" the player for those with the Intel Macs. I really didn't ask a whole lot as I was happy to get it fixed to where it was when I setup my new baby :D

6. penter thread starter macrumors 6502a

penter

i'll admit that i dont really get what ur trying to say, but i thank you for putting ur time into replying and helping me out with this! :)