Flash Player X r60: When Will Macromedia Give a Damn?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by FattyMembrane, Nov 6, 2002.

1. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

i don't at all mean to be ungrateful to macromedia, they've certainly helped out the mac platform with their great software, but have you used the flash plug-in? i'm not too familiar with flash in os9, and let me state that i love jokes, but this one is getting old. where is the real flash plug-in? you know, the one that allows me to play a simple breakout clone without stuttering? true, my 500mhz g3 is no performance beast, but i downloaded r60 and decided to check out a simple flash game called "water balloon wars" or something like that (really basic, laughably basic) and i would get about 1 frame/3 seconds until it finally froze netscape with the beachball of death.

2. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

why dont you get rid of Netscape for one?? what a POS program. If you want something just as bloated but that sucks much less, get Mozilla. Otherwise get Chimera. Flash runs fine on my 600MHz iBook.

3. FattyMembrane thread starter macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

the only reason i tried the flash content in netscape was because netscape was the browser the flash plug-in launched once it was done installing (i agree, it's a piece of crap but flash should respect my system settings, chimera has been my default browser for months). anyway, flash is only bearable when running simple rollovers and things like that (even in chimera); any interactive content and it becomes far too choppy. i can only hope that svg catches on and that adobe does a better job at supporting it on the mac than macromedia has done with flash.

4. Choppaface macrumors 65816

well mac users might make up a big chunk of the developers, they sure don't make up a big chunk of the visitors.... so it would be in their monitary interests to spend more time developing the windows version....which runs nutty fast :D :D :D