Flash plug-in not working on Intel Mac after Flash 8 Install

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LimeiBook86, Mar 17, 2006.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I have been using Safari to view Flash things fine since I got my intel iMac. I recently upgraded to Macromedia Flash 8, it asked me to install the Flash 8 Player so I said yes....this is when I knew something went wrong. Safari launched and said that I didn't have the flash plug-in. I went to my site (which requires flash) and it asked for the plug-in again.

I went to the macromedia.com page to see if there was a different Flash Player to download and I got this message: "We are unable to locate a single Web player that best matches your platform and operating system."

My guess is the intel iMac had a special flash plug-in. I don't want to have to re-install Mac OS X just for this plug in, so I'm asking that anyone with an Intel Mac, can you please somehow send me the flash plug-in? I develop in Flash all the time and it's essential that I have it.

Thanks a lot! :D

2. 1dterbeest macrumors regular

Yeah, the same thing happened to me.
    I also need that plugin, because it would
    take me hours to copy all my files and
    reinstall the OS and everything.

3. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

4. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

There was a thread on this that a few people helped me out as I bought a new Intel iMac. Also a new Flash plug-in was put out...lastnight/yesterday from Macromedia with the Intel version of the plug-in. I'm not sure if that's what you did at first until Itasor gave you a hand.
    Has anyone downloaded this "new" version for the Intels yet? Good luck to all on this ;)

5. 1dterbeest macrumors regular

yeah, that downloaded folder of plugins works great.