Flash Plug-In

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tk26, Mar 7, 2006.

1. tk26 macrumors newbie

hey can anyone tell me why the flash player plug in doesnt work I have downloaded and installed Flash player 8 but it still tells me i need the plug in what am I doing wrong?

2. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What makes you think that you installed Flash Player 8?

4. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

This was talked about just after the Intel iMacs came out, try the search for more info...do not go to Macromedia web site and download it again it won't work but this will....enjoy :D

It's pretty simple - all you really need to do is download http://formymac.com/MR/plugins.zip, unzip it (it'll unzip to a folder named "Internet Plug-Ins", so don't unzip it in your Library folder, else it'll replace your "Internet Plug-Ins" folder), and copy the "Flash Player.plugin" file from that unzipped folder into your "Macintosh HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" folder.

You might or might not want to save the new Flash plugin you'll be replacing, but I doubt it.

5. limeapple macrumors newbie

Thanks Artful Dodger. Your suggestion worked perfectly. :)

I work at a private school and we have about 10 Macs, three of which are newer eMacs running Tiger. These three computers are obviously NOT Intel based, but still would not run videos, even after I installed Flash Player 8.5.

I followed your instructions and all eMacs can now run Flash videos, no problem.

6. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Thanks, that info was passed on down to me since some of use did buy the Intel iMacs/minis at the time and wondered what happened. Glad that the other Macs now work for you but what a pain in the @ss it is ;)