Flash Problems with Intel

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iEdd, Jun 30, 2006.

1. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

I have been having some flash problems for awhile with my intel iMac. Sometimes I get video, but without audio and vise versa. Sometimes firefox will do a little better than safari, but I still have problems. I can't remember how long this has been going on - perhaps since the firmware update? I don't know if that makes a difference. I noticed that on our powerbook, when you go to www.suzuki.com.au and hover over the car or bike you get sounds. I get the animation, but no sound on my iMac. Could others with intel please try the sounds on that link. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Sound and animation works fine here on my 2.0 GHz iMac Core Duo. That's with Safari and the Flash Player 9 beta released yesterday.

3. iEdd thread starter macrumors 68000

iEdd

I just downloaded and installed flash player 9 beta myself. I may have already had it. This has unfortunately made no difference :(

4. iEdd thread starter macrumors 68000

iEdd

Amazing how helpful google can be.

I found this by searching and low and behold, I have sound again. I will definitely keep this one in mind. :)

5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Oh yeah, I had heard something about that but had forgotten. Glad to hear that you got it working :).

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It's not just the Intels. Had that on my G5 iMac after I reinstalled 10.4 from scratch on a new hard drive. Tried reinstalling Flash and the beta multiple times, deleted prefs, fixed permissions. The GB thing fixed it. Weird.

Do you have Adblock installed (especially with the white list), cuz that was causing problems as well.

7. iEdd thread starter macrumors 68000

iEdd

Nope :confused:

8. richjtg macrumors newbie

Thanks for posting the solution to this problem. I've been trying to work out why I've had no sound whilst creating stuff in Flash for the past 24 hours.

This 'fix' worked a treat on my G4 Mac mini. :D