flash video?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rjfiske, Nov 1, 2006.

1. rjfiske macrumors regular

Hey all,

I'm a newbie with the web so please bare with me. I have a client (the first of many!) who would like to convert the video I'm creating for him to flash to put on their website. The video I can do, no problem. I have Photoshop, After Effects, FCP, etc... blah blah blah. The limitation I have is how to take that finished product in FCP and export to .flv (right?) so that it can be flash-based.

(I've already talked to him about .mp4, mpeg-1, h-264, etc... none of those are what they want).

My original answer was that I'd give him the .mov file in whatever format he prefers and it's up to him to find someone like his web guy to convert to flash. But I really want to wow this person. More important, if I'm doing more and more of these videos, I'll probably need to know how to do flash output. And I'm starting from the ground up with no experience with flash. I've read some previous posts from people on this topic who have recommended On2, Sorenson for flash, etc. I think someone even recommended ffmpegx. But if anyone has any comments, pointers, etc. for a complete flash noob, I'd love to hear it. THANK YOU in advance!

rjf

2. rjfiske thread starter macrumors regular