Flashing BIOS killed my PC

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by JW8725, Jun 16, 2005.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

May 8, 2005
    My PC has the automatic motherboard update utility and yesterday IT decided i should flash my bios, so erm i did!

Well lo and behold, shiver me timbers, the bios is dead. PC starts up then hangs with the message no bios. WOOOHOO! erm yeah WOOHOO!

Why the Woohoo I hear you ask? Well I was sick of the PC, i mean sick to death of it! The noise, the constant churning of the HD, the friken fan even made my bedroom too warm. The nasty pop ups, the virii....and the list goes on. Bill Gates if your reading this you stink!

Now i guess im all mac!
  2. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    if your motherboard has a removal bios chip and can buy a new one and replace it.
  3. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2004
    SHHHHHHH, you'll dash his hopes of never using that PC again.
  4. brap macrumors 68000

May 10, 2004
    You're pleased, because something you paid money for has stopped working?

*shrug*. You could always give it away, I'm sure I could find some room here...
  5. AdamR01 macrumors 6502

Feb 2, 2003
    You may be able to recover with a bootable floppy. Most PC BIOSes do not erase the whole BIOS during an update. There is a little part that stores enough data to be able to boot off a floppy. If you make a DOS floppy and setup autoexec.bat to run the flash utility you may be able to recover. You will not be able to see any video while this is happening though but the computer will either beep when it is done or it will automatically reboot.
  6. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
    Or, if worse comes to worse, you could always buy a new mobo for a fraction of the price of a new computer.