Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael's

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2013
Decided I would do some of my own icons:

Does anybody like these?

D7X1mDd.png

If anyone wants the icns files, let me know, and I'll link you! :)

EDIT: link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jb9jf19eiyvbmkf/Sr93NDnnui

Last edited:

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
Made up a couple icons to go with the flat design (they look better in the dock, I attached a photo of mine).

Could to make that Final Cut one available to download as an .icns file please?
It's really nice.

Edit:
Also can someone tell me how to change the calendar app Icon so it'll update with the date daily?

stueee123

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2011
Could to make that Final Cut one available to download as an .icns file please?
It's really nice.

Edit:
Also can someone tell me how to change the calendar app Icon so it'll update with the date daily?

You can change it to .icns at http://iconverticons.com/online/ for free. To change the calendar one you have to change it in 2 places:

iCal/Contents/Resources/iCalDockExtra.bundle/Contents/Resources/App-empty.icns

and

iCal/Contents/Resources/App-empty.icns

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
You can change it to .icns at http://iconverticons.com/online/ for free. To change the calendar one you have to change it in 2 places:

iCal/Contents/Resources/iCalDockExtra.bundle/Contents/Resources/App-empty.icns

and

iCal/Contents/Resources/App-empty.icns

Thank you!

EDIT!

Agh! I've changed my calendar icons, and the empty ones but when it's Not open it still shows the old one.

Also those folder you said don't exist on my system at all. I've tried typing them into Go on Finder and there's nothing.

I changed the icons in the resources after showing package contents on my Calendar, but it only shows the new ones when the App is open and Active.

Last edited:

canzil

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2013
Thank you!

EDIT!

Agh! I've changed my calendar icons, and the empty ones but when it's Not open it still shows the old one.

Also those folder you said don't exist on my system at all. I've tried typing them into Go on Finder and there's nothing.

I changed the icons in the resources after showing package contents on my Calendar, but it only shows the new ones when the App is open and Active.

same problem here

mrhansolo

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2011
Great icons. I have tried searching for an Acrobat icon. It seems like the Adobe CC suite is covered, but there apparently isn't an Acrobat icon with the ios7 style. Hoping someone here might know where one is at.

Arn0

macrumors regular
May 9, 2012
131103055220587274.png

I did Activity Monitor, Terminal and AirPort Utility in flat design :)

Attachments

• Activity Monitor.zip
    727.7 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Terminal.zip
    472.2 KB · Views: 1,037
  • AirPort Utility.zip
    517.2 KB · Views: 949

Arn0

macrumors regular
May 9, 2012
131104040523583710.png

I'm back with Pages, Numbers and Keynote :)

Attachments

• Pages.zip
    570.7 KB · Views: 1,547
  • Numbers.zip
    519.1 KB · Views: 1,478
  • Keynote.zip
    556.7 KB · Views: 1,379

Calvinosaurus

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
New Jersey
Has anyone seen a flat Xcode icon? I've only seen one and it didn't look all that great to me, it was an odd design. It's one of the only icons I have left that I need to "flatten" lol. BTW the icons in this thread are awesome, I've used a few of them and they look great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.