Flatbed Scanner for my Imac G5

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by BennyK, Oct 6, 2004.

1. BennyK macrumors 6502

I am looking for a flatbed scanner for mainly scanning pictures. I have an iMac G5 and heard Canon Lide 80 causes problems with 10.3. I am looking to spend around $150 or less. Anybody give me some ideas of what is good and what works? Thanks in advance

2. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

I don't trust Canon....don't know why, just never have. For scanner I stick with the Epson perfection series.

3. bdomz macrumors member

I use a canon lide 80 at work and it's great. Pretty fast scanner and it looks pretty nice too. I use it with a windows PC though so I can't vouch for how well it works with OSX. I've never had a problem with a canon product.

4. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

why don't you take that money and instead of buying a scanner, get a digital cam. it's easier. :)

but again i don't really know your case. :) an idea tho

5. BennyK thread starter macrumors 6502

That is a much better idea but I need a scanner to get people's photos into the computer to make digital slide shows. I think I am going to get the Epson 2480. Thanks for the help

6. stronghand macrumors newbie

I can highly recommend the Canon Lide 80. I stay completely up to date OS wise and have had no problems at all with it. Its a great little scanner.

7. shecky Guest

shecky

i had a canon LiDE and it messed with my system in a bad way - most notably it installed a few little button apps that would prevent my machine from going to sleep.

i now have an Epson Perfection 2580 Photo and it rocks - goes for about $150 retail.