Flatplan software for OSX

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Philsy, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Philsy macrumors 6502a

I work in magazine publishing and am looking for some software for producing magazine flatplans. The only things I can find are linked into mega-expensive 'publishing solutions' which are beyond our requirements. I have some very old (1996) software that works in OS9 and is called - wait for it - 'Flatplan' but it's a bit old and flaky.

If anyone can point me towards a more modern equivalent that works in OSX I'd very much appreciate it.

Cheers

Phil

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

3. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

Computer Arts ran a Special, issue 43, on layout and design for magazines - it was a 2003 issue, and the first article was on creating a flatplan. They suggest Microsoft Excel or possibly a DTP program (Quark or InDesign).
    Excel is easy to use, and will create a good flat plan by resizing the cells and using the borders and shading formatting tools. You can also use simple formulae for page numbering etc.
    Old issues of Computer Arts are sometimes offered on eBay.

4. kerryannerogers macrumors newbie

flatplan system

www.blinkplan.com is a new web app that does flatplans; works best through Firefox but Safari also good. Free trial; cheap subscriptions; lots of cool functions.

5. MikeNut macrumors newbie

flatplan

That's the best downloadable flatplan tool for both OsX and Win.
    www.flat-plan.com