Flats or Drums?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hummer, Dec 13, 2006.

?

Flats or Drums?

1. Flats

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Drums

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. They don't really taste different to me.

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. I don't care.

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Well my mother thinks I'm crazy that I think the flats of chicken wings taste better than the drums, but I really think there is some difference in taste.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, here are pictures:

[​IMG]
    Flats

[​IMG]
    Drums

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Since when are they called flats? I have never heard that term. Its either breast wing or drum.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Indeed, I've never heard flats, either. Perhaps, his family wasn't allowed to say "breast".

However, I'll pick boneless chicken strips, which are made from breast meat.

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Hmm...they do taste different to me, but I tend to like both equally. The flats are usually a little saucier and have higher skin to meat ratio, so that might account for some of the taste difference. I think the flats are easier to eat too.

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I like "wings." My friend went to a doctor who told him that he had high cholesterol, and told him to stop eating chicken wings because they had a very very high fat content when compared to the rest of the chicken. He called them "heart bullets."

Um....anyway, wings are good. :)

7. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Wings, er. Flats taste better! :)

8. CDailey macrumors regular

I never knew the real name for the "flats" so I've always called them the "flat pieces." I don't think theres a taste difference, but I much prefer the "flats" to the drums. Whenever I go to Buffalo Wild Wings, I ask for all flats. :)

9. Hummer thread starter macrumors 65816

Hummer

:p, I was talking about the parts of the wings. Usually when buying buffalo wings, they are split up into the flats and drums... Well that's what I heard at a restaurant one time and ever since then that's what I called them. A little easier than breast wing too.

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Now, we know. :)

The last time I ate chicken wings, they were those little scrawny things not worth the time it took. Now, they biogenically alter the poor chickens to produce hawk wings on those little bodies, just so people can feast. Shame, that.