Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
when im in firefox i noticed i could get rid of my mbp whine by holding down the left button, main button. I also noticed my fans kicking in and my temp jumping 30f. i checked out activity monitor why holding down the button and noticed it was consuming 100% of one of my cores.

could other people try this out?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Yes, it's typical and if you read other threads, you'll find posts about it.

However, there is a new version of Firefox about ready to pop, so we'll see how it reacts. I've noticed much better responsiveness in the betas.

[EDIT]
As of my latest tests, if you hold the button down, the CPU % doesn't rise incredibly.
[/EDIT]

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
ohh sorry if this has been talked about at this site. I have a hell of a time using the search engine hear and always get seamingly random results.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Rokem said:
ohh sorry if this has been talked about at this site. I have a hell of a time using the search engine hear and always get seamingly random results.

Yes, that's another problem. You have to words things a certain way. You'll become accustomed to it or, if you check the Site feedback area, you'll see how people use Google to search. I don't use it but I know pretty much where things are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.