Flexible HDMI Cable

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by chrisbb, Apr 11, 2010.

1. macrumors member

So i buy from Crucial.com An amazing website!
    I bought a few HDMI cables but they're not flexible enough to run them through the walls.

Theses are the ones I bought:
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10240&cs_id=1024004&p_id=3661&seq=1&format=2
    (ID # is 3661)

I need something without the net jacket on the outside in order for it to be more flexible. The HDMI ports are on the right hand side of the TV, and I need to be able to bend it to the left so I can run my cables through the wall etc.

Can someone please point me in the right direction for more flexible cables.
    Thanks,
    C.

2. macrumors newbie

Possibly something like this may help?
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10419&cs_id=1041907&p_id=3733&seq=1&format=2

You can get flat HDMI cables which may help too. The net jacket is normally on better cables.
    I have a few HDMI cables where the connectors bend either way up or down 90 degrees, which are good for tight spaces too, although, I've always wondered how reliable they will be in the long term.

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors member

thanks so much :)

5. macrumors newbie

As an aside, with 'normal' lengths of HDMI cables (10m and under), don't be fooled by the premium (very expensive) cables. There's little to no difference between those and £5 ($5) cables in terms of picture quality, signal or whatever.
    I have an apparently £90 HDMI cable that I got free with an AV Processor that looks and is marked almost identically (and the connectors are marked identically) to a £5 one I got off eBay...