Flickering lines sign of PB15 refresh rate problem?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by nph, Dec 5, 2005.

1. nph macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I just bought the new PB15 HD and have followed all the threads about the display issue with big interest. Mine has the horizontal lines as well although not as pronounced as the ones I saw in the Apple store.
    If I dont see anything about a fix before the end of the week I will send it back to Amazon since I dont want a screen that is not perfect. Maybe it is my imagination but it does not seem as sharp to me as I expected. Although still better than the iBook ones.

Today I noticed something though that might give another hint as to the origin of the horizontal lines problem.
    When looking at the discussions pages at Apple support and scrolling very slowly the lines between the posting flicker substantially. I have not noticed this on any other cmputer so it tells me that something is up with this one.

It is almost perfect otherwise, gives me over 4 hours of use (realistic use) and has no dead pixels. But I dont want to settle for a less than perfect screen regardless. Then I'd rather take my chanses on the next revision.

Any ideas if the flickering lines could be related to refreshrate which would also explain the horizontal lines or is it just that the faint grey lines makes the horizontal line issue more evident?:confused:

Thanks

2. ybakos macrumors member

I hope you're right and it is a display adapter / screen refresh rate sync problem. But I've used DisplayConfigX and tried all sorts of stuff to no avail.

Until there's word from Apple, we'll never know...

3. generik macrumors 601

generik

I notice if you stare up on your screen from below (ie: lie down on bed.. and look upwards on your screen) you can really see faint diagonal lines swimming all over your screen.

This LCD really disgusts me.

4. nph thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, I have noticed that too. It totally depends on the way you view it. Sometimes I think I am overly concerned but then I just change the viewing angle and all of a sudden I see the lines again very clearly. Especially from lying down (which is nice with a laptop:) )