Flickering screen :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jinxednuance, Mar 15, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Feb 6, 2011
    I got my Macbook Air refurb a few hours ago.

Everything was going normal and sane. I closed the lid for about an hour, came back and opened the screen, nothing happened (pitch black).

Rebooted the computer and now all I have is a flickering screen and it already made me dizzy.

2. macrumors 6502a

Jan 16, 2010
    genius visit or send it back...what else can you do
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 6, 2011
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/ Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Not much I guess. I just hate wasting time on reconfiguring a computer all over again!
  4. macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2010
    Colorado, USA
    It won't hurt to try a PRAM reset if you have not already. That used to fix a flickering issue on my older MacBook.
    Hold Command, Option, P, and R at startup until you hear the Apple Chime at least twice.
  5. macrumors 601

Sep 19, 2008
    Did you reset it or try anything? Seriously, give it a rest and then do the two system resets before determination of defeat. I have always had excellent results with refurbished so don't give up on that even if you did get a bad one. Sorry.
  6. thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 6, 2011
    When I turned my computer this morning I realized the screen had less flickering. I called Apple and I did the reset he told me. Flickering started all over again.