1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Flickering TV Screen on Mac Mini Startup

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by downingp, Dec 27, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

I have done a search related to my issue and have found a few threads about a flickering or black screen, however they don't seem to pertain to my issue so I hope I am posting this question correctly.
    I have a mac mini attached to my Panasonic HDTV to use as an HTPC. I use a Harmony One remote to start my mac mini activity and haven't had any major issues with the setup thus far. However, there is one nagging issue that I was wondering if there was a remedy. When I first start up my mac mini activity using the harmony one remote, I have noticed that my TV screen will show several light blue screens before my mac mini desktop shows up on the TV; and even then the TV will flicker once more before finally everything calms down and works as it should. Does anyone else have a similar issue when starting up the mac mini? Is this normal? Is there a remedy?
    BTW, I leave my mac mini on all of the time too so when I start the activity I won't get the typical blank screen with the apple logo and so forth.

Thanks for your help.

2. macrumors 6502a

Any suggestions? I assume since there have not been any responses that it could be one of two things; it is common and I shouldn't worry about it or no one else is experiencing this and something is wrong. :)