Flickr, imageshack, or photobucket?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macOSX-tastic, May 4, 2006.

1. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

hey all.

ive noticed that when many people post images, they arent attachments to posts, but they are actually inline images.

i was wondering how this is done, because i find attaching files (although simple) is crude.

a short tutorial would be great!

if the process involves online photo storage (such as those mentioned in the thread title) please do recommend one.

thanks

S

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I use imageshack, mainly since they have a cool widget which allows me to drag images to the dashboard and upload quickly, plus it has a copy function for thumbnail or full-sized images. It makes things really easy. You can find the widget here. There's a FAQ page at that link as well. If you have more questions after reading it, just ask.

To drag images to the dashboard, just start dragging like normal, then hit f12 to drag to the widget. Easy.

Once it's uploaded, just choose to copy either the thumbnail or image, then paste the link into the body of your forum post.

3. macOSX-tastic thread starter macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

4. macOSX-tastic thread starter macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

right, here's a test image:

[​IMG]

it seems to work. i decided i wouldnt make good use of the widget after i downloaded it...and liked the overall look of photobucket better. image now removed.

S

5. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

Ditto :)

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm bummed. I've tried the Imageshack widget but have never gotten it to successfully upload a single photo. :eek: It hates me.

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Did you enter your userID on the 'backside'? I found that I needed to do that before it would work.

8. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

That widget sounds pretty cool, but I (still) don't have Tiger. I signed up for Flickr this morning because I got tired of shrinking images to attach them.

9. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

i didn't know about the image shack widget. i have to get that. i feel silly, i've used image shack for almost 2 years now too. :eek:
    i have a photobucket account as well.

i love the attachment feature (and generous size allowances) personally. that is a feature many forums don't utilize as nicely as MR does.

10. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

so which is the best? flickr? photobucket or imageshack?