FlickrExport 1.3.4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Selenolycus, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Selenolycus macrumors regular

Feb 23, 2006
    Northern Hemisphere
    Does anyone have FlickrExport 1.3.4 or another freeware version of the software they could possibly send to me? It would be much appreciated.
  2. Miguel0019 macrumors member

Jul 22, 2006

do a google search for MSJ:D
  3. menziep macrumors 6502a

Jan 21, 2006
  4. caseysousa macrumors newbie

Jul 26, 2006
    I downloaded the source, but I can't seem to compile the installer. Anyone got a binary for us?

The compile process seems to have a lot of references to files that the author had on his system but are not absolute paths to files included in the source download.
  5. cogdog macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2006
    Source Code is Borked Indeed

I wish I had the 1.3.4 installer. I have actually paid for the 2.0 version, but found it was hanging while trying to authenticate my flickr account... then I thought it was because my old computer (G3 iBook) runs iPhoto 2.0 and according to connected flow, I would need 3.0 or greater (although it did work a few days ago).

I downloaded the source and found obvious errors in the scripts that would cause it not to work-- path references to the developer's hard drive, and a bogus reference to a file that does not exist (INSTALLER=/Developer/Applications/Install/

But even on my MacBookPro, the plugin I paid for is failing to work as well-- can never get passed logging in to flickr.

What crap all around.
  6. cogdog macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2006
    2.0.1 Update

FYI, if you use version 2, you need te newest:

There was some scuffle about flickr's api changing.

I did email the developer about the screwed up source code to 1.3.4, no response.
  7. caseysousa macrumors newbie

Jul 26, 2006
    I just got an email back from the developer and he says that he can't redistribute the 1.3.4 installer because it's proprietary software. He also said that we should be able to build the bundle from the xcode project and then just place the bundle into /Applications/ and it should work.

When I tried to build the xcode project "FlickrExport.xcodeproj" it failed and had two errors. It looks like there are several resources missing. I emailed him again asking for some more help on building it, but haven't heard back yet. I'll let you know if I do.
  8. skyfaller macrumors newbie

Sep 25, 2006
  9. caseysousa macrumors newbie

Jul 26, 2006

i've been looking for this for a long time. i'm glad it's available again for a while. if it's gone before anyone after this tries to snag it, PM me.

the developer really shouldn't claim that it's "open source" if he's not going to open up all the sources. what a greedy bastard.