Flight G5 cleared and ready for take off

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by SpeedKills, Apr 14, 2005.

1. SpeedKills macrumors newbie

Apr 14, 2005
    Hi to all on the forum. This is my first new thread ( and only my second post) and I'm afraid I have to be cheeky (rude ?) and ask for help. I'd normally watch for a while, post a few replies and generally get the mood of the board but I don't have that luxury because my DP 1.8Ghz Mac is doing a wind tunnel impression, I may hire it to Ferrari to help get their GP team back on track. The problem started when I changed one of the processors, now the fans run at full speed all the time and unless you've had this you won't believe how loud this is after a few hours, it's like the back seat on a passenger plane in my office. Apparently I need the Apple Thermal Calibration tool, but I can't find a copy anywhere. Can anybody point me to a download site or a friendly Mac expert who'll lend me a copy ? I'm quite happy to pay and/or return it after use.

Any help appreciated,

2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    Why did you swap out a processor? And why did you do it youself, and not and Apple Tech? I believe the tool you are looking for, if it exists, is for Apple Techs only, so there isn't a copy just up on someones website. I'm not sure about this, but I think the processors and the logic board are some how linked together, since when ever there is a problem with one or the other, they replace both at the same time. Plus, are you not within a year of your purchase, so you still have Apple Care, why not use it and either get phone support or take it to a place to get it fixed.