flight Sims

Discussion in 'Games' started by mauly, Jan 6, 2005.

1. mauly macrumors 6502

Aug 21, 2003
    Manchester, England
  2. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

Dec 30, 2004
    Ann Arbor, MI

Pretty much everyone agrees that X-Plane is the best flight simulator. Check it out at www.x-plane.com

Other than that, there is a new combat flight sim called F-18 Operation Iraqi Freedom and a helicopter combat flight sim called Enemy Engaged.
  3. mauly thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 21, 2003
    Manchester, England
    Thanks for that, sure does look cool.. I'm just doing my reseach for games that run good on a mac - Im getting my first mac when the rev b iMac G5 comes out! wish me luck.. :)
  4. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    I'm one of the everyone!
  5. jadam macrumors 6502a

Jan 23, 2002
    Sorry, but the only worthy flight sim on Macs would have to be X-Plane.

If you are really into Flight Sims, get a PC honestly, you got Falcon 4.0, Mig Alley, IL2 Sturmovik, Microsoft Flight Simulator, LOMAC... quality Flight Sims. Although, in all fairness, flight sims are a niche market which is why you will never really see a great one on a Mac. (Technically There is Falcon 4.0 for Macs, but you don't have the community made mods for it which increase the realism and usability of Falcon 4.0 100 fold)
  6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    Sad but true, the flight simulator situation on Mac isnt well. I agree with you on IL2 its lots of Fun and its new expansion/standalone Pacific Fighters is very sweet . Carrier landings and all those Navy Planes from WW2. I thought i had heard that Aspyr was talking with Ubisoft. If so perhaps this title may one day make it to Mac along with other titles from Ubi like Far Cry.
  7. herrmill macrumors member

Mar 20, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL, Shanghai, China & NW 11/12
    Yes, if you want to fly combat sims you'll also want to get a PC with enough power, a decent vid card & ram to have fun. Luckily in Shanghai I can buy a box for about $500 with enough bells & whistles to fly IL2 & the new Pacific Fighters. Wow, all I can say is get it! It's such a great sim that now my Chinese friends want to come over so they can go after the Japanese!

That's all I use a PC for - work & daily computer time is reserved for my Powerbook. :D
  8. maususer macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2005
    Don't forget this Mac and PC flight sim. It's still in open beta, but it has potential (WWI, WWII, and Korea). http://tk.targetware.net/

I forgot...it's free. :)