Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jzieske

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2003
Bloomington, MN
Hi all,

I was curious if anyone knows of a flight simulator stlye program for OSX. I really like microsoft's for PC, however it does not look like they make it for OSX. I found a couple older ones for OS9 on Amazon but not for OSX. Also, if anyone has a recomendation for a joystick/flight controller that would be great.

Thanks in advance for the help.

buseman

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2002
I still have Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0 lying around, weighting in at a whopping 1.2 MB :D

Beware however that for optimum performance, your system should have at least 750k of RAM

dxp4acu

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2002
Texas
x-plane is sooooo much better than MS attempt at a FS. And the creator primarily uses macs, so he updates them along with PCs.

Check it out!

maradong

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
Luxembourg
well perhaps, but isn t xplane shareware?
flightgear is just as good as xplane ( IMO ). and it s free, thought i may be wrong on the shareware stuff for xplane, am just to lazy to verify

datalok

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2002
wish it was a shareware price

no x-plane carries a fairly hefty pricetag. I think i am gonna wait til version 7 is released (in beta now). It appears there are many people in the x-plane community making plane skins and terrain maps etc. Plus I know one thing you can fly is the shuttle - Mach 21 from orbit to land at Edwards with no engines in a 150 ton glider!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.