Flight Simulator X for OS X

Discussion in 'Games' started by lamina, Jan 17, 2007.

1. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Ohh what I would give. I have to boot to Windows XP on my iMac to play. I would give my fn key to have a flight simulator for OS X aside from the HUUUUGE and resource-hogging XPlane. Don't get me wrong, XPlane is awesome, but I find it difficult to get used to.

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

There is Fly2 but apparently its a bit poo (and old). I too have Xplane but hardly use it anymore. Mainly because you cant really have a quick fly around without having to take EVERY aspect of flying into account i.e. fuel loads, weather, etc. Landing with only the mouse and keyboard in a crosswind is almost impossible.

Every release of Xplane does improve performance and use of resources. But more features are added so the resource use never really drops.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This is what happens when your market share is around 5%. Flight sims on the Mac are near none unless you like a few old arcade titles. For Windows they are everywhere, Im looking forward to one thats coming this year by 1c maddox games. A remake of Battle of the britain with a new engine. Maker of IL2/Pacific Fighters both great WW2 flight sims.