Fling Mini Joysticks Now for iPhone and iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 3, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TouchArcade points out that TenOneDesign has posted new miniaturized versions of the Fling joysticks designed for the iPhone and iPod Touch. We covered the original version made for the iPad back in January and even tried them out at CES. The springy controllers work surprisingly well for any joystick or dual-stick controller games such as Geometry Wars. From an earlier review:
    A pack of two costs $24.95 and start shipping in July.

Here's a photo of the original iPad versions:

[​IMG]

Article Link: Fling Mini Joysticks Now for iPhone and iPod Touch

2. macrumors regular

ghostlines

Cool idea for the iPad, not so cool for these smaller devices. Even though it's see through it still kinda gets in the way of playing games I think.

3. macrumors 6502a

bboucher790

Two things:

#1 - The usage of the word "mini" should be replaced by "kind of covering the entire iPhone screen with joysticks".

#2 - Those are some huge nipples.

4. macrumors newbie

R u kidding me? I have the Fling for my iPad & I love it but on my iPhone 4? No freakin way! T

5. macrumors 601

Yvan256

I'd rather use an iControlpad. And game developers should be working on adding iControlPad/iCade support, too.

And if you ask me, an iPod touch + iControlPad looks more portable than an iPod touch + Fling Mini, since the iControlPad has a lower profile.

As a bonus, the iControlPad can be used with anything that's wireless HID compatible.

6. macrumors 65816

mixel

Hahah.. That is beyond ridiculous.

I love the ipad ones but that’s just crazy.

7. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

The best solution for game controlling that I see is:
    1) apple to create an API for game controllers(not sure if it exists or not)
    2) someone to, then, create a case that incorporates psp style controls.
    My ideal game controller case would also incorporate a bigger battery and induction charging, but that may be a little greedy on my part:)

8. macrumors 601

Yvan256

9. macrumors 6502a

MacNewsFix

Props.

Dead Space 2 and RAGE on the iPad are impressive, but maneuvering can sometimes be a headache (not to mention handache). Something like this could alleviate one of the few gripes I have about gaming on iOS devices.

Props to those that came up with a solution. These will sell like hot cakes.

10. macrumors 6502

kppolich

1. great idea
    2. too small for iPhone/Touch (maybe have smaller ones available for those)
    3. wish they were integrated in a clip on case so they were more secure then just the suction cups

11. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

Looks more gameboy-ish. I was thinking psp style where the controls are mostly to the outer ends, not below the screen.
    But, I guess that's a start. Hopefully a standard API is made fore something like that.