flip4mac water-mark?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Tim117, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Tim117 macrumors regular

I am trying to make a movie on iMovie but when ever I import a clip I want, it always has a "Made by flip4mac" watermark going across the middle of it! How do I remove the watermark or import the clips and avoid it?

PS. I'm importing quicktime clips.

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I just got this too while trying to convert a WMV to MP4 :confused:

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

They require the paid version of Flip4Mac WMV Player Pro. Alternatively, you can use a free ffmpeg-based tool, but I'm not an expert on that...maybe someone else can make specific suggestions.

4. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

If you play about with iSquint you can get it to convert the wmv's to mp4. Not as easy to work with, but at least they don't have the watermark

Make sure you set the resolution and framerate the same as the original, and set a high encoding quality.

5. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

pretty sure ffmpegx will convert them without the watermark too.

6. pierino84 macrumors member

pierino84

the solution

ffmpegx cannot handle wmv9 clips, so the best workaround for this problem is to use this website that does real time online video and audio conversions, even from mms and rtsp servers. I've just used it and it works flawlessly: h**p://www.mediaconverter.org/

Cheers

7. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

Yes, flip4mac not only watermarks files but will also watermark QT exports that I could do BEFORE I used flip4mac!

I use QT Pro and apparently flip4mac sees fit to watermark everything in trying to get you to purchase THEIR pro version.

Put up with watermarks just so I can play wmv files in QT? I don't think so.

To flip4mac: Keep your rotten junk software to your self. You should be ashamed for distributing such crap.

:mad:

8. Laurencia7 macrumors 6502

I had this issue tonight, I tried my mpeg streamclip but it only worked for a little while...then HandBrake worked. Use it, it works for mac and pc
    Handbrake