Flixster download location?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Big Stevie, Jan 13, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Anyone know where a downloaded Flixster film will be stored on my MacBook?

Ive downloaded one of the films from my Flixster account onto my macbook. I then wanted to move it over to iTunes so set about looking to see where the film had been downloaded to. In Flixters preferences I saw it had been downloaded to something like /users/(username)/Library. I know Apple dont like customers messing with Library!

I then changed Flixsters preferences so that future downloads would go direct to my Movies folder. But my film is still in its original location, somewhere in Library, but I cant remember exactly where.

Any suggestions please?

2. macrumors 603

mobilehaathi

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Thanks but Ive already tried spotlight but it didnt show up. My other option is to delete it and download it again, but Id rather not have to.

4. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm not at my Mac right now to confirm, but I think you need to open up Library first and then start Spotlight from there, otherwise it'll ignore it.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Still cant find it. But ive just discovered that not all of Flixsters downloaded digital copies are actual digital copies! They are just links to stream the movie. Bit of a con if you ask me!